• CBI arrests former National Stock Exchange (NSE) CEO Chitra Ramkrishna in co-location scam.
• Patient in ground-breaking heart transplant dies. David Bennett Sr., 57, had received a heart from a genetically modified pig as an experimental surgery at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore in January.
• Upper age limit removed for appearing in NEET-UG examination.
• Uttar Pradesh returns Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) to power as the party wins 255 of the 403 seats, with its main challenger Samajwadi Party scoring a distant second with 111 seats.
• Ruling BJP secures 2nd consecutive poll win in Uttarakhand bagging 47 seats, but Chief Minister Pushkar Dhami fails to make it to the assembly.
• In the elections held for the 60-member Manipur assembly, BJP wins 32 seats.
• In Goa, the ruling BJP touches the halfway mark with 20 seats.
• Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) wins Punjab assembly polls wiping out the ruling Congress. AAP wins 92 of the state’s 117 seats with Congress getting just 18, Shiromani Akali Dal three and the BJP two seats. Congress stalwarts including party chief Navjot Sidhu and Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi lost the elections. Former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, who formed his own party after leaving the Congress, lost as well. So did Shiromani Akali Dal’s Sukhbir Badal.
• China imposes lockdown in northeastern industrial center of Changchun amid new virus outbreak.
• Saudi Arabia executes 81 convicts in single day for variety of crimes.