• Thane police in Maharashtra books BJP leader Nupur Sharma for her alleged objectionable remarks against Prophet Muhammad during a television news debate; party suspends her later along with Delhi media head Naveen Kumar Jindal whose comments on social media ‘vitiated’ communal harmony.
• Enforcement Directorate arrests Delhi health minister Satyendar Jain.
• Singer KK dies in Kolkata following a live concert.
• Jury awards Johnny Depp $15 million in damages in his libel lawsuit against ex-wife Amber Heard.
• DGCA imposes Rs.10 lakh fine on Vistara for letting improperly trained pilot land flight at Indore airport.
• Santoor maestro Bhajan Sopori dies in a Delhi hospital.
• Government asks Twitter and YouTube to remove from their platforms videos of ad of perfume brand that triggered outrage for “promoting sexual violence against women”.
• Twelve workers die after a boiler explodes at a chemical factory at Hapur in Uttar Pradesh.
• Fifteen people die as bus carrying pilgrims falls into gorge near Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand.
• Five members of family found hanging from ceiling of their house in Bihar’s Samastipur district.