• Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal resigns citing personal reasons.
• Supreme Court grants bail to Indrani Mukherjea, the prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case.
• Supreme Court orders release of AG Perarivalan, the convict serving life sentence in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
• At least 12 labourers killed in wall collapse at factory in Gujarat’s Morbi district.
• Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu sentenced to one year in jail in a 1988 road rage case.
• Indian boxer Nikhat Zareen wins the Gold in Women’s World Boxing Championship.
• Supreme Court orders transfer of Gyanvapi Mosque case to District Judge, Varanasi.
• Supreme Court appointed panel submits that 2019 Disha encounter at Hyderabad was fake.
• At least 10 labourers killed as an under-construction tunnel collapsed on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir.
• Nine people charred to death in a fire that broke out after a collision between a diesel-laden tanker and a truck carrying wood on the outskirts of Chandrapur city in Maharashtra.