• Indian photographers Adnan Abidi, Sana Irshad Mattoo, Amit Dave, and late Danish Siddiqui win the 2022 Pulitzer Prize for feature photography for covering the coronavirus crisis in India.
• Santoor maestro Pandit Shivkumar Sharma passes away aged 84.
• Supreme Court says all pending cases, appeals and proceedings with respect to charges framed for sedition should be kept in abeyance.
• Allahabad High Court dismisses petition seeking to open the locked rooms of the Taj Mahal.
• Ranil Wickremesinghe appointed as Sri Lanka’s new prime minister.
• A massive fire in a building near Delhi’s Mundka metro station leaves 27 dead.
• Officials conduct videography survey of Gyanvapi Masjid complex in Varanasi.
• Indian men’s badminton team defeats Indonesia 3-0 to win the Thomas Cup.
• Rajya Sabha MP Manik Saha replaces Biplab Kumar Deb as Tripura Chief Minister ahead of the state polls next year.
• Australian cricketer Andrew Symonds dies in a car accident.