• Five Indian students killed in Canada road accident.
• India beat Sri Lanka in the second Test by 238 runs to sweep the series 2-0.
• UK court refuses Julian Assange permission to appeal against decision to extradite him to US to face spying charges.
• Karnataka High Court dismisses petitions filed by Muslim girls seeking permission to wear hijab in classroom; upholds the ban on Hijab stating ‘Wearing of Hijab is not essential religious practice of Islamic Faith.’ Plea filed in Supreme Court (SC) against the verdict.
• SC stays January 31 order of Centre banning telecast of Malayalam news channel ‘MediaOne’ on security grounds.
• Covid-19 vaccination for the children in the 12-14 age group begins.
• Bhagwant Mann takes oath as 18th Chief Minister of Punjab.
• Gujarat Government says Bhagavad Gita to be part of school syllabus for Classes 6 to 12.
• An elderly man kills his son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters by setting their house in Kerala’s Idukki on fire allegedly owing to a property dispute.
• India’s Lakshya Sen finishes runner-up in All England Badminton Championships, losing to Viktor Axelsen of Denmark in final.