• Madras High Court orders CBI probe into the alleged suicide of a class 12 girl after a petition filed by her father who accused the school of forcing her to convert.
• Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presents the Union Budget 2022.
• Member of Parliament and All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) leader Assaduddin Owaisi’s convoy attacked in Uttar Pradesh.
• JNU Vice Chancellor M Jagadesh Kumar appointed as Chairman of University Grants Commission (UGC).
• 11th century saint Sri Ramanujacharya’s 216-foot statue inaugurated in Hyderabad.
• Karnataka government bans clothes which disturb equality, integrity and public order in schools and colleges.
• Jammu and Kashmir hit by an earthquake of 5.7 magnitude with its epicentre at Afghanistan-Tajikistan border.
• India beat England in ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup final to win its fifth consecutive U-19 title.
• Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar dies aged 92.
• Nine people killed as lorry rams into SUV in Andhra Pradesh’s Ananthapuramu district.