• Legendary Kathak dancer Pandit Birju Maharaj dies at the age of 83.
• Three naval personnel die due to explosion onboard INS Ranvir at Naval Dockyard in Mumbai.
• A family of four Indians, including an infant, found dead in Canada near the US border in a failed crossing attempt during a freezing blizzard.
• Ace tennis player Sania Mirza announces retirement, says 2022 season will be her last.
• A court in Birbhum (West Bengal) sentences four people to 20 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping a woman four years ago.
• Amar Jawan Jyoti flame merged with National War Memorial flame in New Delhi.
• Renowned Indian footballer Subhash Bhowmick, 72, passes away in Kolkata after prolonged illness.
• Hologram Statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose unveiled at India Gate in New Delhi on his 125th birth anniversary.
• South Africa beats India by four runs in third and final One Day International to complete 3-0 series sweep.
• Indian shuttler P. V. Sindhu clinches Syed Modi International women’s singles title after beating compatriot Malvika Bansod 21-13 21-16 in final.