• Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa revokes state of emergency.
• Parliament passes Criminal Procedure (Identification) Bill 2022. The bill seeks to authorize collecting, storing, and analyzing biometric samples of convicts and others involved in criminal matters.
• CBI arrests 4 people from Mumbai in connection with the Birbhum violence case.
• India abstains in the UN General Assembly on a vote to suspend Russia from the UN Human Rights Council.
• Pakistan Supreme Court restores National Assembly; orders speaker to organise no-confidence vote.
• Indian student, 21, shot dead at a subway railway station in Canada.
• India loses to the Netherlands in FIH Women’s Hockey Junior World Cup.
• Imran Khan loses no-confidence vote in Pakistan’s National Assembly.
• Communal clashes erupt in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand and West Bengal during Ram Navami festival.
• Two groups of students clash at Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University over serving of non-vegetarian food in the mess on Ram Navami.