• SC directs Union of India to make public data on adverse events of COVID-19 vaccination.
• Harshada Sharad Garud becomes first Indian weightlifter to win Junior World Championship in Greece.
• Five members of family die, teenage boy seriously injured as their car meets with accident on outskirts of Gujarat’s Navsari.
• An SHO in Uttar Pradesh’s Lalitpur arrested for allegedly raping a minor who had gone to file a gangrape case at the police station.
• A Gujarat court sentenced MLA Jignesh Mevani and nine others to three months in jail in a 2017 case for taking out an Azadi March.
• Centre directs Virtual Private Network (VPN) providers to collect and store information of Indian users for up to five years.
• Asian Games, scheduled for September in China’s Hangzhou, postponed indefinitely due to surge in COVID-19 cases in the country.
• Two people arrested for killing a Dalit man over his marriage to a Muslim woman in Hyderabad.
• Seven members of family dead in car accident on Yamuna Expressway near Mathura.
• Taliban makes covering face in public compulsory for women.